Shiro Black Friday Sale Purchases + Mini Reviews!

1:33 AM

Samples!

I'll admit, if I had to list a couple of my greatest weaknesses Shiro Cosmetics would probably be in my top 5. So when they had their Black Friday sales this weekend (and the release of Great British Bake Off themed goodies), I had to go pick up some stuff for myself (and some friends!) Caitlin was also super accommodating and shipped out my order earlier so that my housing unit would have time to process the package before they close for the holiday season. Truthfully, I believe Shiro's customer service (coupled with amazing quality and quirky themes, of course) is what keeps a lot of customers coming back to their products!

Enough rambling and onto the swatches!

Note: The lighting in my room is slightly warmer than natural lighting, so the swatches lean a bit warmer than they actually are in person. My light also has a tendency to wash out and lessen the sparkliness of these shadows, so any glitter/sheen you may see in other (natural light) swatches are definitely there in person! 

                                      The Great British Makeup Box: Showstopper


Inside the Box (look at all the pretties!!)
The GBBO box came beautifully wrapped in some old-timey newspaper that fits the vintage art style used for the all of the GBBO boxes. One of the shadows (Star Baker—I think), had a little bit of leakage (thus the bits of glitter on the jars and lip gloss), but the amount of shadow in all the jars look about the same. I've only had one other shadow in all of my past Shiro orders leak a bit on the trip south and it has never been a significant amount of product lost. 

The "Showstopper" box comes with the following products (shadows are swatched below over NYX's Glitter Primer): 
1. Star Baker: eyeshadow
2. Sugarwork: eyeshadow
3. Tempered Chocolate: eyeshadow
4. Hollywood Handshake: blush
5. Showstopper: lip gloss


Top to Bottom: Tempered Chocolate, Sugarwork, Star Baker


Hollywood Handshake

All 3 of the shadows pressed beautifully and didn't lose any of their sparkle. I would say that both Sugarwork and Star Baker are more metallic, while Tempered Chocolate has a satiny brown base with discernible gold glitters. Hollywood Handshake is completely matte and reminds me of a brighter (more saturated) "been out in the cold" flush when blended out with a brush. 

In addition to the GBBO box, I also picked up some of the new Detrivore shadows as well as Through the Wood (from Shiro's "Into the Unknown" collection). Copper/Orange shadows are definitely another weakness of mine, so most of these shadows fall into that color vein. 




Top to bottom: Through the Wood, Carousel Calliope, Burn Yourself at Both Ends

Overall, my camera definitely does not do these shades justice. Through the Wood is far more orange and sparkly, Carousel Calliope is deeper and more metallic, and Burn Yourself at Both Ends is a bit more saturated and has more shine! These shadows definitely pressed just as well as all of my other neutral Shiro shadows! Sidenote: the only shadows I've ever had a problem with pressing from Shiro have been The End is Nye and It's a Misnomer! They're not unusable by any means, but require a bit of scraping (lol) to get normal pigmentation. Both have ultramarines in them (which probably accounts for their crumbly/slightly chalky(?) texture), which are notorious for being difficult to press. I know that some people do have success pressing them though! Also, I would likely use a little less alcohol and a little more oil/binder if I were to press those shadows again. 

Eyeshadows waiting to be pressed!
Carousel Calliope is a little bit more plummy than I thought it would be which was a pleasant surprise! It could also be my warmer lighting but, when blended out, I think it could be a great outer crease color! Through the Wood and Burn Yourself at Both Ends perfectly fit my bill of reddish/coppery shadows and are super shiny~ 

And last, but not least, the lippies!

Top to bottom: Technical (ordered as custom), Showstopper, One Way Ticket to Cozy Town

Top to bottom: Technical (ordered as custom), One Way Ticket to Cozytown, Showstopper

Top to bottom (slightly blotted): Technical (ordered as custom), One Way Ticket to Cozytown, Showstopper

These glosses are sooo beautiful and wearable! Just like all Shiro glosses, the formula is not sticky at all and are super smooth. Cozytown is described to have a "fig, citrus, and touch of pine" scent, but all I really get is bubblegum? I was super excited for the pine note (I love anything reminiscent of Christmas trees). Both Technical and Showstopper have the same "Costco Birthday Cake" scent (in the best way possible), although I think I'm more of a fan of Shiro's "Pink Frosting" scent. 

Neither of the lighter glosses left a strong stain, but Showstopper stains a beautiful cool-toned pinky/red color after a couple hours of wear! 

Overall I'm super satisfied with my order and can see myself reaching for all of these products quite often in the upcoming months! 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts